Welcome Katherine Jayne, a Transformation Coach, who helps people struggling with their relationship with food and their bodies, by showing them how to reconnect with their core selves and their needs & emotions so they can live a rich, full and healthy life.
This discussion with Katherine provides deep insights into why we can go down the path of disordered eating and gives suggestions to how we can help ourself (if it's us that is experiencing this) or help someone we know (if it's your child, friend or relative).
It's a complex area, but the more knowledge, awareness and success stories, like Katherine's, the greater the opportunity to turn around someone's life and/or prevent this experience.
The themes we cover include:
- Disordered Eating & body dissatisfaction
- Our environment - Body shaming and portraying the perfect body
- Using food to provide comfort through emotional trauma
- 10 years of extreme dieting which developed into Bulimia
- There is a lot of shame and secrecy
- The belief was that I needed to be a certain size to have value and to be loved
- Looking back I wish I had spoken out and asked for help sooner
- Signs for parents to look out for
- Developing emotional intimacy in the parent-child relationship
- The increase in body dissatisfaction
- Focusing on what the body does for us & our inner attributes vs the physical attributes
- Hayley Lunchem - The body confidence coach
- Not judging food - moving away from good and bad
- Doing exercise that lights you up
- Creating boundaries around people you spend your time & energy with
- Look to people who have come out of a challenging relationship with their bodies
- We can empower ourselves to change
- Finding the magic and love within yourself
CONNECT WITH KATHERINE JAYNE
The Butterfly Foundation